1876 - The Beginning

Education at Kialla West commenced in this building in May 1876, built on the corner of the highway and Mitchell Rd.

1877 - Replacement

The government constructed this replacement building in 1877.

 

1965 - The current office

The present light timber construction (LTC) building was opened in 1965.
Originally a one room building, it has been extended to the current four classrooms.

 

2000 - and beyond!

Since 2000 the school has undergone many developments and changes.
It now has two additional portable classrooms with many ground improvement projects undertaken.

 

2001 - The Tree Line

In 2001 the Education Department purchased land adjacent to the school which effectively doubled the school block.
Much time and effort were spent on developing this land, and the children have planted over 200 trees around the boundary.